New Language Features
New UI Functionality
When Mist first opens, it presents a custom screen that is optimized for new and returning users. Either select from an extensive list of recent files, or choose a new project template. The more
traditional Backstage menu options are just a click away.
- Beautifully rendered and extensible project template interface
- Project Templates are now updated via RSS feed, which can be managed by Varigence or by the customer
- Project Templates are now zip files instead of copied folders. This enables easier deployment.
- Provides a variety of options for finding projects and files, including extensive history tracking
- History is easily manageable and common files can be pinned for quick selection
- Files with unsaved changes are listed with options to save, discard changes, or review changes
- Mist will work with your favorite change differencing tool to see the changes in unsaved files
- Provides a variety of options to get more information about Mist for solving your problems including: Get Started, Tutorials, Community Forums, and Latest News
- One location to get all of the information about your Mist version, plugins, product key, EULA, and more.
All of our dynamically updating content is now based off of RSS, with a unified, multi-tier caching RSS Feed Manager. Advanced users to override the feeds to support custom content for corporate
Improved UI Functionality
- Massively improved performance of escape character handling in the literal strings for SSIS expressions.
- Massive improvement to script project compilation by batching and precompiling all of the scripts used to generate the code behind files.
- Fixed issue where negative tiers were not being handled as file references in live processing engine.
- Tier 0 references to higher tiers now are fully supported during incremental processing.
- Fixed issue where higher tier BimlScript couldn't see lower tier assets after equal or lower tier assets are changed in live processing engine.
- When BimlScript or Biml file is changed from Live Mist Action to Reference it is now correctly removed from the in-memory model in the live processing engine.
- Fixed a minor issue where setting debug=true in BimlScript would always result in a compiler error.
- Fixed a Mist crash on Project reload when the project file was updated by subversion.
- Fixed an issue with VariableValueChanged event handler emission.
- OLE DB Source component now has the correct description in documentation.
- Targeted changes to script project binary code emission to prevent extra binary code elements from being created when roundtripping package through SSDT.
- Packages with Text columns as source and destination now emit correctly (without an unnecessary NText conversion).
- SSIS data flow path names are now scrubbed for invalid characters in task/component names
- Attribute ordering on Package node in SSIS has been changed to avoid confusing SSDT when it tries to upgrade a Biml-generated package to SSIS2012.
- Fixed underscore and other invalid character removal from automatically generated property names in script component code behind.
- Added methods to correctly quote identifiers for each database SchemaProvider.
- Updated command line documentation for hadron.exe for the buildOnly option.
- Internal improvements to our NameGeneration framework
- When editing an asset name in the property grid, the Biml file rename dialog no longer triggers unless the name actually changes value.
- Improved file copy/paste and duplicate naming to put " - Copy" at the end.
- Added a warning validation for when Attribute Relationship name does not match the name of the child attribute. This is to keep BIDS/SSDT from issuing a warning.
- Fixed bug with over-aggressive Aggregate transformation diagnostic.
- Fixed validator to prevent it from crashing the validation thread when a package or variable name is not set.
- Added a build-time diagnostic to validate that input buffer column types in script components match the input columns to which they are wired in the dataflow.
- Prevented sql parse exceptions from killing the validator thread.
- SSIS Importer is now smarter when importing custom properties on custom components that contain lineage IDs
- PersistFileConnection is now imported correctly for CacheConnections
- When Importer creates an ImportedProjectConnection, it now sets CreateInProject = true
- Importer now handles SynchronousInputId correctly for custom components in SSIS 2012
- OleDbSource parameters are no longer imported when AccessMode doesn't support them, even if they are cached in the dtsx.
- Importer no longer assumes that referenced project connections are always OLE DB.
SSIS script project import no longer assumes that the VSTAProject name does matches the class/csproj name in the script project code. This arises when developers copy/paste code from other script
- Package import is now limited during trial
- Primary Keys are no longer imported twice (both as a Primary Key and Index)
- Imported views now have the CREATE VIEW statement trimmed to match view definition expectations in Biml
- Computed column attribute is no longer added when there are no Computed values.
- Clustered indexes are no longer imported as non-clustered indexes.
- Fixed an issue where multiple table imports could be running concurrently by the background services engine.
- Made schema importer more resilient to errors loading the sql parser
- Improved support for side-by-side installations with other versions and bitnesses of Mist.
- No longer installing defunct CHM file. All help is now online.
- Mist installer now advertises MIME type for mist project (mst files).
- Fix for intermittent crashing caused by Logitech gesture mouse.
- Annotation text within a package node is now trimmed to remove leading/trailing whitespace.
- Annotation data grid context will now add a new annotation rather than adding an annotation to the selected annotation.
- Fixed an issue where script component project template code was trying to be version agnostic, but BIDS/SSDT would reject the code pattern on roundtripping.
- New project dialog now focuses project name textbox by default.
- Added Ctrl+Shift+B keyboard shortcut for build.
- Reduced CPU usage of background services when Mist is idle.