New Language Features
- ODBC connections are now supported, including modeling the connections and using them to import tables
- SSIS 2012 ODBC Source and ODBC Destination are now fully supported with native language tags (no more custom component tags)
Attunity Oracle support
- Oracle connections are now supported, including modeling the connections and using them to import tables
- The Attunity Oracle Source and Oracle Destination components are now fully supported with native language tags (no more custom component tags)
- Just like the Attunity components in BIDS/SSDT, Mist will dynamically check for the presence of the Oracle Data Access Components, and build only if they are present.
BalancedDataDistributor - This is a component that is shipped by Microsoft as a separate download. It is now fully supported with native language tags
MultiFile and MultiFlatFile Connections
- The HasMultipleFiles boolean property has been added to the existing FileConnection and FlatFileConnection nodes. When present, the FilePath property will automatically accept wildcard syntax
- An overload of the AstNode.GetTag method was added to support case insensitive searching for tag annotations.
- The GetBiml() extension method has been improved for use with AllMergedColumns in CloneTables.
- The following Column and Table properties have been enhanced to provide more accurate results: Column.IsUsedInPrimaryKey, Table.HasIdentity, Table.PreferredKey.
- A new comment delimiter has been added to the BimlScript language. Use <#* ... *#>. This will prevent the enclosed code from being processed in any way.
- Execute Package task can now specify Parameter Bindings
- Script project assembly references can now include environment variables
New UI Functionality
When Mist first opens, it presents a custom screen that is optimized for new and returning users. Either select from an extensive list of recent files, or choose a new project template. The more
traditional Backstage menu options are just a click away.
- Beautifully rendered and extensible project template interface
- Project Templates are now updated via RSS feed, which can be managed by Varigence or by the customer
- Project Templates are now zip files instead of copied folders. This enables easier deployment.
- Provides a variety of options for finding projects and files, including extensive history tracking
- History is easily manageable and common files can be pinned for quick selection
- Files with unsaved changes are listed with options to save, discard changes, or review changes
- Mist will work with your favorite change differencing tool to see the changes in unsaved files
- Provides a variety of options to get more information about Mist for solving your problems including: Get Started, Tutorials, Community Forums, and Latest News
- One location to get all of the information about your Mist version, plugins, product key, EULA, and more.
All of our dynamically updating content is now based off of RSS, with a unified, multi-tier caching RSS Feed Manager. Advanced users to override the feeds to support custom content for corporate
- All of our dynamically updating content is now based off of RSS, with a unified, multi-tier caching RSS Feed Manager. Advanced users to override the feeds to support custom content for corporate
Improved UI Functionality
- Updated almost all Mist icons to be sharper and more Modern-UI friendly.
- When no items are present in a tree or grid control, the message now identifies the parent by name for clarity
- When no items are present in a tree or grid control, there is now an add button with a tooltip detailing the ways to add new items
- Mist now starts in Logical View by default. It will subsequently remember window layout of the last run.
- Added 32-bit to the title bar when running Mist in 32-bit mode. This parallels the 64-bit label.
- Made it so that Execute Transformers context menu is hidden on script-generated assets.
- Visibility of the grid details pane is now collapsed when multiple items in a datagrid are selected.
- DataGrid row hightlight style is grey instead of blue when the control is not active. This should clarify which controls have focus.
- Dotted line around the perimeter of the control when you delete the last item is now removed.
- When you single-click an already focused tree item, it enters edit mode.
- Expanding/collapsing a node will now ensure move it to the appropriate place within the scroll window.
- Focus now remains consistent on expand/collapse.
- Deleting an item now appropriately focuses the next item.
- All trees that should be multi-select are now multi-select
- Package Designer
- Breadcrumb zoom out no longer breaks node sizing
- The package details area now contains a datagrid for package parameters, with appropriate context menus
- When dropping a node into a package or container, the node will now always be on top (not placed underneath another node) and the obfuscation border should appear when appropriate
- Resizing a nested node now triggers scrollbars in the package editor
- Visual flickering when trying to move large containers and tasks is eliminated
- Disabled nodes and containers now display a gray, partially opaque overlay.
- Fixed minor margin and spacing issues with package details controls
- Fixed issue where sometimes tasks would not appear on design surface until the breadcrumb root is pressed
- Made resize handle for t-sql editor more easily visible
- Buttons in the task dashboard in the package editor are now always clickable and always offer the option to create new items.
- Fixed a Mist crash when setting the aggregate column operation in the aggregate component details editor.
- Fixed broken drag/drop scenarios with snowflake columns from dimension columns to attributes.
- Added multiselect support to all drag/drop operations
- Whitespace padding has been added to the bottom of the Table Editor tree views to create an unambiguous drop zone for drag/drop operations
- The focus is now set to the object created when a column is dropped. This reduces confusion, especially when that item needs to be immediately deleted.
Script Project Designer
- Improved the naming of some script project context menu items.
- Fixed the Add Connection Reference context menu in the Script Component Project Designer to always fire the necessary commands
- Eliminated an intermittent Mist crashing issue with the script project worker thread. This could only happen when Mist was already in the final stages of shutdown, but it was a bad experience.
- Made it so that we don't list attributes in Biml intellisense that have already been used.
- Improved autocomplete behavior around delimiters.
- Added code highlighting for directive and .NET code blocks.
- The BimlEditor now displays line numbers in the left margin. There's a user setting in the project designer to toggle the line numbers.
- QuickInfo popup now is closed if you switch focus to a different application
- A syntax editor's zoom percentage is now displayed in the right side of the status bar, past the line and column information.
- Fixed a corner case that can produce a crash in QuickInfo tooltip generation.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when pasting code in the BimlScript editor when clipboard has object data.
- Add the ability to cancel the preview.
- Added a ribbon icon to toggle auto expansion of BimlScript in the Preview Expanded Biml.
- TargetNode dropdown in template editor is now sorted
- Fixed an intermittent crash in the BimlScript designer background thread when closing the project.
- Fixed an issue where intelliprompt for Directives would sometimes offer the auto-complete options for the previous directive.
Package Project Designer
- Add Project Parameter context menu now works like Add Variable context menu, along with inline type selection.
- Keyboard can now be used to navigate the Output window.
- Output window now scrolls as build output is produced (provided that the window is already scrolled to the bottom).
- Output window now is selectable and has full context menu support.
- Added a scrollbar to the results pane on the Expression Builder dialog.
- Output Window
- Multi-selection keyboard and mouse interaction significantly improved
- All Project View tree item properties now have descriptions in property grid.
- Fixed over-aggressive treeview autoscrolling behavior.
- Build and Duplicate commands are now multiselect with detailed options in context sub-menus.
- Mist build actions can now be set via multi-select in property grid.
- A setting has been provided to make the source control window stay open after using the source control functionality (such as an Update).
Root Folder Improvements
- Added support for labels to Root folders in project view.
- Renaming root folders is now fully supported.
- Root Folders are now prevented from being moved into other root folders.
- Add Existing, Copy/Paste, Include, and Include Descendants of Biml Files will now set BuildAction to Live for standard Biml files and to Reference for BimlScripts
- Logical View now fully supports multi-select
- Added Properties context menu item for all object types in LogicalTreeView.
- Expanded Context Menu items that are active for BimlScript generated connections
- Script projects can now be duplicated.
- Logical view is now sorted by ScopedName and/or LogicalName where appropriate. This is particularly useful for tables, dimensions, and facts.
- Fixed an issue with project view and logical view scrolling so that a drag doesn't get initiated in the middle of a scroll.
- Fixed rename button in context menu for Biml Files in library.
- Added 'Build' and 'Build and Open' for PackageProject nodes
- Massively improved performance of escape character handling in the literal strings for SSIS expressions.
- Massive improvement to script project compilation by batching and precompiling all of the scripts used to generate the code behind files.
- Fixed issue where negative tiers were not being handled as file references in live processing engine.
- Tier 0 references to higher tiers now are fully supported during incremental processing.
- Fixed issue where higher tier BimlScript couldn't see lower tier assets after equal or lower tier assets are changed in live processing engine.
- When BimlScript or Biml file is changed from Live Mist Action to Reference it is now correctly removed from the in-memory model in the live processing engine.
- Fixed a minor issue where setting debug=true in BimlScript would always result in a compiler error.
- Fixed a Mist crash on Project reload when the project file was updated by subversion.
- Fixed an issue with VariableValueChanged event handler emission.
- OLE DB Source component now has the correct description in documentation.
- Targeted changes to script project binary code emission to prevent extra binary code elements from being created when roundtripping package through SSDT.
- Packages with Text columns as source and destination now emit correctly (without an unnecessary NText conversion).
- SSIS data flow path names are now scrubbed for invalid characters in task/component names
- Attribute ordering on Package node in SSIS has been changed to avoid confusing SSDT when it tries to upgrade a Biml-generated package to SSIS2012.
- Fixed underscore and other invalid character removal from automatically generated property names in script component code behind.
- Added methods to correctly quote identifiers for each database SchemaProvider.
- Updated command line documentation for hadron.exe for the buildOnly option.
- Internal improvements to our NameGeneration framework
- When editing an asset name in the property grid, the Biml file rename dialog no longer triggers unless the name actually changes value.
- Improved file copy/paste and duplicate naming to put " - Copy" at the end.
- Added a warning validation for when Attribute Relationship name does not match the name of the child attribute. This is to keep BIDS/SSDT from issuing a warning.
- Fixed bug with over-aggressive Aggregate transformation diagnostic.
- Fixed validator to prevent it from crashing the validation thread when a package or variable name is not set.
- Added a build-time diagnostic to validate that input buffer column types in script components match the input columns to which they are wired in the dataflow.
- Prevented sql parse exceptions from killing the validator thread.
- SSIS Importer is now smarter when importing custom properties on custom components that contain lineage IDs
- PersistFileConnection is now imported correctly for CacheConnections
- When Importer creates an ImportedProjectConnection, it now sets CreateInProject = true
- Importer now handles SynchronousInputId correctly for custom components in SSIS 2012
- OleDbSource parameters are no longer imported when AccessMode doesn't support them, even if they are cached in the dtsx.
- Importer no longer assumes that referenced project connections are always OLE DB.
SSIS script project import no longer assumes that the VSTAProject name does matches the class/csproj name in the script project code. This arises when developers copy/paste code from other script
- Package import is now limited during trial
- Primary Keys are no longer imported twice (both as a Primary Key and Index)
- Imported views now have the CREATE VIEW statement trimmed to match view definition expectations in Biml
- Computed column attribute is no longer added when there are no Computed values.
- Clustered indexes are no longer imported as non-clustered indexes.
- Fixed an issue where multiple table imports could be running concurrently by the background services engine.
- Made schema importer more resilient to errors loading the sql parser
- Improved support for side-by-side installations with other versions and bitnesses of Mist.
- No longer installing defunct CHM file. All help is now online.
- Mist installer now advertises MIME type for mist project (mst files).
- Fix for intermittent crashing caused by Logitech gesture mouse.
- Annotation text within a package node is now trimmed to remove leading/trailing whitespace.
- Annotation data grid context will now add a new annotation rather than adding an annotation to the selected annotation.
- Fixed an issue where script component project template code was trying to be version agnostic, but BIDS/SSDT would reject the code pattern on roundtripping.
- New project dialog now focuses project name textbox by default.
- Added Ctrl+Shift+B keyboard shortcut for build.
- Reduced CPU usage of background services when Mist is idle.