The $10,000 Biml Challenge at PASS Summit 2011
Written by Varigence Blog on 9.11.2011
When you have a technology that drastically increases the productivity of BI and Data Warehouse developers and architects, it can be difficult to convey just how groundbreaking it is. We believe Mist & Biml are such products. Once you have the chance to use them, you'll never want to go back to the old way of building your data solutions.
This year at PASS Summit (October 2011, Seattle, WA), we're putting our money where our mouth is by sponsoring the $10,000 Biml Challenge during the exhibition.
The contestant who solves a typical BI/DW task assigned in the competition the fastest will win $10,000 cash. This task would normally require hours or longer with traditional approaches, but with Biml and Mist, the time limit will be a generous 15 minutes.
So what do you need to do to win the $10,000?
- Register and attend PASS Summit 2011. This is where the challenge will be held. You must be an attendee or exhibitor to participate.
- Visit our website and reserve your slot in the competition today! We'll provide a workstation in a quiet area, so space is limited.
- Read this blog. As the PASS Summit approaches, we'll post a variety of resources that will help you prepare, including a practice challenge.
- Download Mist/Biml. Get familiar with the tools today. In the near future we will announce and release the official "Challenge" version of Mist/Biml, so you can practice with the exact bits that will be used in the Challenge. But until then the current version is very similar to the official Challenge version.
- Read the official rules.
- Read The $10,000 Biml Challenge page for the latest information about the challenge. Be sure to reserve your slot in the competition today! Spaces are limited. You've probably never had a better opportunity to walk away with $10,000 at a conference before -- and at the same time you can raise your professional IQ by becoming (more) acquainted with some breakthrough technology. And, just to make things more interesting, everyone who completes the competition, or the online practice challenge, will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $500 prizes. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. See official rules for details.